White Chocolate Mousse Recipe
White Chocolate Mint Mousse
I love to finish off a more formal dinner party with an elegant dessert and this Minty White Chocolate Mousse Recipe served in tall wine glasses is just superb.
The mousse is light and the mint flavour is a refreshing way to end a dinner. If you can, do include the mint leaves to garnish - it's a really nice finishing touch!
Minty White Chocolate Mousse Recipe Ingredients
- 4 oz white chocolate, broken into small pieces
- 3 tb Creme de menthe or 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 cup (250ml)heavy cream
- 2 Egg whites (at room temperature)
How To Make White Chocolate Mousse
- Melt the pieces of white chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water until it melts or in a double-boiler. Stir gently with a spatula every now and then. When it's melted, stir in the mint flavouring of your choice. Place the bowl on a cold surface to cool down a little then add about 2 tablespoons of the cream to the mint chocolate. Set it aside.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff, but not too dry - soft peaks should form. Carefully fold the chocolate-mixture into the beaten egg whites. The more carefully you fold, the more air you will retain and the lighter the mousse will be.
- Whip the remaining cream, until soft peaks form. Fold the chocolate-egg whites mixture into the whipped cream.
- Divide the mixture between 4 to 6 wine glasses and chill. Decorate with chocolate shavings and a mint leaf.
Instant Chocolate Mousse Recipe
Berries and Chocolate Mousse Recipe
Grand Marnier Chocolate Mousse Recipe
Top Of This Mint White Chocolate Mousse Recipe
Back to Inspired Chocolates Homepage