Millionaires Shortbread Recipe
A winning recipe for a tea-time treat. This Millionaires
Shortbread Recipe makes a thick fudge-like caramel to spread
over the crisp shortie base and then the chocolate covered top is thick
enjoy making millionaires shortbread with my daughter, she loves to
gently stir the melting chocolate to go on the top and of course lick
the spoon once its spread over. This cookie bar recipe also makes a
lovely gift if you pack the shortbread squares in a pretty gift box.
Millionaires Shortbread Recipe Ingredients
- 25g/ 1 oz castor sugar
- 125g/ 5 oz plain flour (sifted)
- 100g/ 4 oz butter
- 100g/ 4 oz butter or margarine
- 100g/ 4 oz light soft brown sugar
- 40ml/ 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1 small can condensed milk
- 2.5ml/ 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 175g/6 oz plain chocolate
To Make The Shortbread Base
- preheat the oven (180 C/350 F/Gas 4)
- Grease a shallow cake tin
- Beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Rub in
the flour until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Knead slightly then press the shortbread mixture into the
- Bake in a moderate oven for 25 minutes.
- Cool in the tin.
For The Caramel Fudge Filling
- Stir the butter, brown sugar, syrup and condensed milk
together in a heavy based pan over a gentle heat, until dissolved.
- Now boil for 7 minutes but keep stirring to prevent the
fudge catching on the bottom.
- Add the vanilla essence then beat with a wooden spoon, off
the heat, until cool and shiny.
- Pour over the shortbread base in the tin and set aside to
- Once the caramel has cooled, melt the chocolate in a bowl
over simmering water and then spread the chocolate evenly over the
- When the chocolate has slightly cooled, cut into squares.
- Store in the refrigerator to keep the chocolate firm.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Double Chocolate Cookie Recipe
Chocolate Cookie Recipe
Top Of This Millionaires
Back to Inspired