Instant Chocolate Mousse Recipe
Egg-free Chocolate Mousse
The best thing about this Instant Chocolate Mousse Recipe is that it is egg-free but still has the same decadent taste and texture of the classic chocolate mousse. I have made it several times and it's a great standby chocolate pudding. With having small kids I generally have marshamllows in the house although not always miniature ones - any white marshmallows work just fine.
It is adapted from Nigella Lawson's recipe archive and it is perfect for when you don't have time for the mousse to set for hours or if you need to go egg-free. Serves 4 to 6.
Instant Chocolate Mousse Ingredients
- 150g mini marshmallows
- 50g soft butter
- 250g good quality dark chocolate (minimum 70% cocoa solids), chopped into small pieces
- 60ml hot water from a recently boiled kettle
- 1 cup (250ml tub) double cream (heavy cream)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
How To Make Instant Chocolate Mousse
- Melt the marshmallows, butter, chocolate and water together over a double-boiler or in a heavy-based saucepan on a low heat. Stir together and then set aside.
- Whip the cream with the vanilla extract until thick. Then carefully fold the vanilla cream into the cooling chocolate mixture until you have a smooth mixture.
- Pour the mousse mixture into pretty wine glasses or ramekins and serve immediately or even better if left to chill for a while.
Berries and Chocolate Mousse Recipe
Grand Marnier Chocolate Mousse Recipe
Top Of This Instant Chocolate Mousse Recipe
Back to Inspired Chocolates Homepage