Instant Chocolate Mousse Recipe
Decadent , Easy Chocolate Mousse
Fall in love with this Instant Chocolate Mousse Recipe. It has no raw eggs, so an ideal pudding recipe for any pregnant dinner guests. It's a bit like an instant chocolate pudding but with the same texture as classic chocolate mousse.
It's quick and relatively easy to make. You can serve the chocolate mousse immediately or leave it to chill for a while if you make it ahead of time.
Instant Chocolate Mousse Recipe Ingredients
- 100g (4oz bar) dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids) broken up into pieces - You can leave the last square to shave for garnish.
- 300ml double cream /10oz heavy whipping cream
- 50g (1/4 cup) caster sugar/ extra-fine granulated sugar - not icing (powdered) sugar!)
- 1 large egg white
- chocolate shavings, to garnish
Making Chocolate Mousse
- Break the chocolate into small pieces and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, heat half of the cream until it begins to boilNote: this happens faster if you preheat the saucepan before adding the cream
- Turn off the heat, add the chocolate pieces and stir until the chocolate has melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl set over a large bowl of iced water and add the rest of the cream and Amaretto, if using.
- Using a hand-held electric whisk, beat the mixture to soft peaks. Remove the bowl from the iced water.
- Separate egg white into a bowl
- Whisk the egg white with a hand-held electric beater until stiff peak.
- Add the sugar, a tablespoon at a time, and continue whisking to a soft meringue.
- Carefully fold the meringue through the chocolate mixture, then spoon or pipe into chilled serving glasses.
- Top with chocolate shavings or cookies or mint sprigs!
Berries and Chocolate Mousse Recipe
Another Instant Chocolate Mousse Recipe
Grand Marnier Chocolate Mousse Recipe
Top Of This Instant Chocolate Mousse Recipe
Back to Inspired Chocolates Homepage