Rich and Delicious Flourless Chocolate Cake Recipe
Dark Chocolate Sponge Cake Recipe
Sometimes I need a Flourless Chocolate Cake Recipe when baking for functions where I know there are people on wheat-free diets.
This is a fabulously dark chocolate cake recipe using real, solid dark chocolate and then the ground almonds to take the place of the flour. It can easily be served as an after-dinner dessert with a scoop of good-quality vanilla ice-cream.
Flourless Chocolate Cake Recipe Ingredients
- 225g whole blanched almonds
- 225g dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids)
- 225g unsalted butter, softened
- 225g sugar
- 6 large eggs, separated
How To Make Flourless Dark Chocolate Sponge Cake
- Preheat the oven to 150 C and line and grease the bottom and sides of a 20cm loose-bottomed tin with baking paper.
- Blitz the almonds in a food processor and set aside the blitz the chocolate until fairly coarse.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Add the egg yolks one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Fold in the almonds and chocolate.
- In a seperate bowl neat the egg whites until stiff and carefully fold into the mixture.
- Turn the chocolate cake mixture into the tin and bake for 45 minutes or until set and a testing skewer comes out clean.
- Leave to cool in the tin and chill until firm.
- Remove from the tin and remove the baking paper. Slice and serve with a scoop of ice cream.
Frozen Chocolate Cake Recipe
Flourless Chocolate Cake Recipe - Almond Chocolate Torte
Chocolate Fudge Cake Recipe
Beetroot Chocolate Sponge Cake Recipe
For Loads More Chocolate Cake Recipes visit Chocolate Ripple
Top Of This Flourless Chocolate Cake Recipe
Back to Inspired Chocolates Homepage