Chocolate no bake Cookie Recipe
Chocolate Cookie Fridge Slice
I first found this Chocolate no bake Cookie Recipe in a school textbook when I was about 10 years old. It's chocolate frosting or icing mixed with crushed cookies and then chilled or frozen to make a very sweet cookie that could also be classified as candy or fudge.
I had lost the recipe but then found it again via a friend. I loved making this easy chocolate recipe as a child because it required no baking and very little adult supervision. Back then we didn't use the microwave though.
Chocolate "no bake" Cookie Recipe Ingredients
- 250g / 9 oz butter
- ½ cup cocoa
- 500g /17 oz icing sugar
- 1 egg
- 5ml / 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 packet plain cookies / sweet biscuits / sweet crackers
- 100g cherries or pecan nuts (optional)
How tO Make No Bake Chocolate Fridge Slices
- Melt the butter in the microwave or on the stove top.
- Stir in cocoa and icing sugar. Make sure it is well combined.
- Stir in egg and vanilla.
- Microwave on high for 1½ minutes, stir every 30 seconds.
- Break the biscuits into small pieces but not crumbs and add to the chocolate mix.
- Pour into baking dish and spread around to get an even finish.
- Refrigerate until set then cut into squares. I put them in the freezer for a bit cause I can barely wait to eat the yummy bites.
- Can be kept in the refrigerator but be sure to cover so the chocolate squares don't absorb fridge smells.
Millionaires Shortbread Recipe
Chocolate Cookie Recipe
Top Of This Chocolate No Bake Cookie Recipe
Back to Inspired Chocolates Homepage