Chocolate Mousse Recipe
Rich Chocolate Mousse with Berries
This is a classic Chocolate Mousse Recipe - nice and rich but no added alcohol. You can do individual servings in pretty wine glasses or set the chocolate mousse in a large bowl.
I prefer to serve mousse with whipped cream and fresh berries but you can choose any topping you like.
Chocolate Mousse Ingredients
- 250g dark chocolate
- 3 eggs, separated
- 250ml fresh cream
- 3 egg yolks
- 600g fresh berries of your choice - raspberries are my favourite
- Confectioners sugar (caster sugar) for dusting the berries
How To Make Chocolate Mousse
- you'll have a few tasks going at the same time so make sure you're well prepared with bowls and mixers.
- Melt the chocolate over a double boiler, take care not to burn it. While the chocolate is melting, beat the 3 egg whites until stiff. Set aside.
- Whip the cream to a thick consistency and set aside
- Now fold the egg yolks one by one into the melted chocolate.
- Next fold in the whipped cream and then lastly fold in the egg whites, gently with a wooden spoon.
- Pour the chocolate mousse mixture into 6 or 8 wine glasses or any pretty glasses and place in the refrigerator so the mousse can set.
- Just before serving the chocolate mousse, prepare the berries. If you are using strawberries then its quite nice to hull them and finely them slice lengthways. You can dust them in some castor sugar (confectioners sugar).
- Serve the chocolate mousse decorated with the berries.
Top Of This Grand Marnier Chocolate Mousse Recipe
Top Of This Chocolate Mousse Recipe With Berries and Cream
Back to Inspired Chocolates Homepage