Chocolate Fudge Recipe
Iced Loaf of Chocolate Fudge
I often make this chocolate fudge recipe for kids birthday parties or even when I'm having a few friends over with their kids. It's not classic fudge but more of a loaf of fudge with biscuits and cherreis and nuts inside.
My best part of this chocolate fudge recipe is the glace cherries - I am a bit of a glace cherries fan especially if they are covered in chocolate. I know they are not everyone's favourite so feel free to leave them out of the fudge if you prefer. I'll probably double up on them though.
Iced Loaf of Chocolate Fudge Recipe Ingredients
- 100g/4 oz butter
- 40 ml/2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 200g/8 oz sweet biscuits
- 50g/2 oz glace cherries, quartered
- 125g/5 oz plain chocolate, chopped
- 50g /2 oz hazelnuts
- 50g/2 oz plain chocolate
- 40ml/2 oz tablespoons water
- 25g/1 oz butter
- 150g/6 oz icing sugar, sieved
- loaf tin, greased with butter and base lined
How To Make Chocolate Fudge LoafCrush the biscuits but do not make them too fine. Add the biscuits, quartered cherries and chopped nuts to the chocolate mixture. Stir the ingredients to combine then press them firmly into the tin. Refrigerate overnight to harden. Turn the fudge lof onto a board and ice.To make the icing, break the chocolate into squares and melt in a pan with the water and butter. Heat gently until completely melted. Remove from the heat and beat in the sieved icing sugar until the icing is smooth and thick. Spread the icing over the fudge then dust with more icing sugar.
- Melt the butter and syrup in a saucepan, then add in the chopped chocolate and gently stir until it has melted and you have a smooth chocolatey mixture.
Top Of This Loaf of Chocolate Fudge Recipe
Back to Inspired Chocolates Homepage