Chocolate Cookie Recipe
Light and Crispy Chocolate
Warm cookies and milk are best with this homemade chocolate
. Crispy, light shortbread biscuits sanwiched
togeher with fluffy butter icing.
These chocolate cookies are easy to make and store well. Kids of any
age love them.
Chocolate Cookie Recipe Ingredients
- 100g/4 oz butter or margarine
- 50g/2 oz castor sugar
- few drops of vanilla essence
- 100g/4 oz plain flour, sieved
- 25g/1 oz Bournville cocoa, sieved
- pinch of salt
- 75g/3 oz butter
- 150g/6 oz icing sugar, sieved
- 40 ml/2 tablespoons hot water
- few drops of vanilla essence (optional)
- little icing sugar, to decorate
- baking tray, greased
How To make Chocolate Shortbread Cookies
- Preheat the oven (190 C/375 F/Gas 5)
- Cream the butter and sugar together thoroughly.
- Add the vanilla essence and fold in the sieved flour and
cocoa with a pinch of salt; it should all mix together quite well.
- Divide the mixture equally in half then each piece into
- Roll into balls and place them on a greased baking tray,
spaced fairly well apart.
- Flatten each with a fork, yet leave the mixture quite thick
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Lift the biscuits onto a wire tray to cool when they have
- Beat the butter to soften it then beat in the sieved icing
sugar and the water. It should be a nice light texture and colour.
Vanilla essence can also be added.
- Sandwich the biscuits together with icing and dust with
Top Of This Chocolate
Back to Inspired