Chocolate Chip Muffin Recipe
Choc Chip Mufffins for Breakfast
A friend gave me this Chocolate Chip Muffin Recipe after I fell in love with the muffins at her 40th birthday tea party. Now I really shouldn’t be eating chocolate muffins for breakfast but sometimes its fun to have a change. The trick to great muffins is not to over-mix when combining the dry and wet ingredients.
Over-mixing the batter will make them tough. These muffins are beautifully moist and I love to serve them warm, cut in half and topped with mascarpone cheese. If I'm feeling very indulgent, then maybe a spoon of strawberry preserve too.
Of course they taste just wonderful on their own too.
This recipe makes about 16 choc chip muffins
Chocolate Chip Muffin Ingredients:
- 2 cups (300g) all-purpose plain flour
- 1/2 cup (75g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (180ml) milk
- 1/2 cup (125g) butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups (250g) granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 large eggs
- 2 oz (60g) semi-sweet dark chocolate chips
How To Make Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Preheat the oven to 350 F/180 C/Gas 4.
- Set out 16 foil or paper baking cups.
- Mix the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Beat the butter, sugar, honey in a large bowl with an electric mixer at high speed until creamy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating until just combined after each addition.
- With a mixer at low speed, gradually beat in the mixed dry ingredients, alternating with the milk.
- Stir in the chocolate chips by hand.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared cups, filling each one about two-thirds full. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the centres come out clean, 20 - 25 minutes.
- Cool the muffins on wire racks.
If you like Mars Bar then try the Mars Bar Chocolate Cheesecake - Simply delicious.
Try the Triple Chocolate Muffin Recipe
Top Of This Chocolate Chip Muffin Recipe
Back to Inspired Chocolates Homepage