Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Chocolate Chip and Candied Cherry Cookies
This Chewy Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe makes rather delicious cookies. They are kind of festive with the cherries in but extremely sweet. So sweet, I could only manage to taste test one before running for a glass of milk to wash it down.
They are quite easy to make and fairly chewy with all the choc bits and cherry bits. The syrup from the cherries turns the cookie batter a pinkish colour and they smell so heavenly as they bake.
Chewy Chocolate Chip and Candied Cherry Cookies
Makes about 18 cookies
- 3/4 (125g) all-purpose plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (125g) butter, softened
- 1/4 cup (50g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (essence)
- 1/2 cup (50g) coarsely chopped candied cherries
- 2 oz (60g) semisweet dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
How to make Chewy Chocolate Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 375 F (190 C/Gas 5).
- Butter two baking sheets.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Beat the butter, sugar and vanilla in a large bowl with an electric mixer at high speed until pale and creamy.
- With mixer on low speed, beat in the dry ingredients, cherries, and chocolate.
- Drop rounded teaspoons of the dough 1 inch (2.5cm) apart on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake until just golden, about 15 minutes.
- Cool on the baking sheets until the cookies firm slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
Millionaires Shortbread Recipe
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe Recipe
Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Top of this Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Back to Inspired Chocolates Homepage