Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies Are Best
Lovely and chocolatey, this Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe is easy to make.
A favourite of kids and adults too, chocolate chip cookies recipes make wonderful treats for adding to a gift basket for welcoming new neighbours, new babies, saying thank-you or just to treat the family. Homemade choc chip cookies are the best and if you can, use a good quality chocolate for baking.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe Ingredients
- 125g good-quality dark chocolate, chopped
- 125g unsalted butter, chopped
- 1 egg
- 200g soft brown sugar
- 150g self-raising flour, sifted
- 50g dark chocolate chips
How To Make Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 180 C and line 2 cookie trays trays with baking paper.
- Melt the butter and chocolate in a bowl set over gently simmering water, making sure the water doesn't touch the base of the bowl. Stir occasionally until smooth.
- In another bowl beat the egg and brown sugar with a wooden spoon until combined.
- Stir the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture. Add the flour and chocolate chips, and mix until smooth and thick. Chill the dough for 20 minutes.
- Drop teaspoons of the dough onto the lined baking trays, leaving 5cm spaces. Cook until the biscuits are firm to the touch, about 7 - 10 minutes.
Millionaires Shortbread Recipe
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe Recipe
Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Easy Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Chocolate Cookie Recipe
Top Of This Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Back to Inspired Chocolates Homepage