Mars Bar Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe
I love this No Bake Mars Bar Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe. It's quite simple, no fuss and a of course a Mars bar recipe and I love anything with Mars bar in it.
I also love chocolate cheese cake although stricly speaking this a vanilla cheesecake with chocolate bits in it. I needed a chocolate pudding for a function and I made this cheesecake because our electricity supply was a bit erractic so the "no bake" was a winner. The guests loved it, both the adults and the kids.
Note on Mars Bar Variations - from Wikipedia
Chocolate bars sold as the Mars bar vary in different regions of the world. Here in South Africa it is called a "Bar One".The American version was discontinued in 2002 and was replaced with the slightly different Snickers Almond. However the U.S. version of the Mars bar was relaunched in January 2010 and is initially being sold on an exclusive basis through Wal-Mart stores. The European version of the Mars bar is also sold in some United States grocery stores, usually being found in the imported or ethnic food sections.
Mars Bar Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe Ingredients
- 200g packet of chocolate digestive biscuits
- 100g butter, melted
- 60ml water
- 15ml gelatine
- 500g cream cheese, softened
- 5ml vanilla essence
- 125ml castor sugar
- 250ml cream, whipped
- 3 Mars Bars, finely chopped
How to Make Mars Bar Cheese Cake
- Crush the biscuits in a food processor until they resemble a fine breadcrumb mixture. Combine biscuits and melted butter and press mixture evenly over base of 20cm pan. Refrigerate until firm (about 30 minutes).
- Place water in a small heatproof bowl and sprinkle with gelatine. Microwave for 10 seconds or stand in a pan of simmering water until dissolved. Cool slightly.
- Beat the cream cheese, vanilla essence and sugar with an electric beater until smooth. Beat in the dissolved gelatine. Fold in the whipped cream and chopped Mars Bars.
- Spoon mixture into the prepared pan and refrigerate until set.
- Decorate your mars bar cheescake any way you like. I like drizzling over extra melted chocolate or chocolate curls and the placing sliced strawberries on top.
Another Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe
Delicious Almond Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe
Top Of This Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe
Back to Inspired Chocolates Homepage