Chocolate Brownie Recipe
Chunky Choc-nut Brownies
Bake fudgy and dense Choc-nut Brownies with this Chocolate Brownie Recipe. No excuse needed to tuck into these brownies.
You'll satisfy your chocolate craving and if you share the brownies then you'll be taking orders for the next birthday party your friends have.
The trick to chocolate brownies is to get the cooking time right so keep a check on them while they bake. My oven seems somewhat cooler than most so my brownies take longer to cook than the specified 20-25 minutes, more like 35-40 minutes. This chocolate recipe makes approximately 12 squares when cut.
Chocolate Nut Brownie Ingredients
- 125g butter
- 250g sugar
- 2 eggs
- 210g good quality chocolate
- 60ml strong coffee or esspresso
- 15ml rum or brandy
- 170g flour
- 5ml (1 tsp) baking powder
- 600g mixed nuts, chopped
- icing sugar (confectioners sugar) for dusting (optional)
How To Make Chocolate Brownies
- Preheat the oven to 180 C. Grease (and line if you like) a 23cm, 5cm deep square baking tin.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler or carefully in a microwave.
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a mixing bowl. Add the eggs to the mix one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Stir in the melted chocolate, coffee and brandy or rum.
- Sift the flour and baking powder together and fold into the wet mixture.
- Stir in the nuts and pour the mixture into the greased brownie pan.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 20 - 25 minutes but just keep a check on them cause ovens vary and if they are overdone the brownies will be dry but if underdone then you'll have a gooey mess. Some cooks say that brownies are ready when a skewer inserted in the centre comes out warm with slightly sticky crumbs clinging to it - you can use that as a guideline.
- Leave the brownies to cool before cutting into squares. Dust with icing sugar if desired.
Turn these into chocolate dessert and serve them with rich vanilla icecream or a thick chocolate sauce. There are more Chocolate Brownie Recipes to see below - just follow the links.
Top Of This Chocolate Brownie RecipeAnother Double Chocolate Brownies
Back to Inspired Chocolates Homepage