Triple Chocolate Muffin Recipe
Chocoholics dream - Triple Chocolate Chip Muffin Recipe
A decadent Triple Chocolate Muffin Recipe. I make these chocolate chipe muffins regularly because the texture and taste is just how I like my muffins.
They are quite dense and moist and of course very chocolatey. A indulgent and delicious variation would be to put a dollop of Nutella spread in the middle of each chocolate muffin and then bake them. I guess this would then be a quadruple chocolate chip muffin recipe.
Commercial chocolate chips are specially made to hold their shape during baking but you can just as easily roughly chop your favourite chocolate bar. So get ready for delicious, moist, chocolate filled muffins!
These muffins freeze quite well and can be defrosted for when you have a chocolate craving. Serve these muffins warmed through with a dollop of icecream if you need an idea for a chocolate pudding. This recipe makes 12 Chocolate Chip Muffins.
Triple Chocolate Muffin Recipe Ingredients
- 500ml flour
- 125ml soft brown sugar
- 125ml cocoa powder
- 15ml baking powder
- 100g butter
- 250ml chocolate chips or the equivalent (1 cup) of your favourite chocolate bar cut into chunks.
- 250ml buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 2 Bar One chocolate bars (Mars bars)
- extra melted chocolate for decorating if desired
How To Make The Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Preheat the oven to 180 C, 350 F, Gas mark 4. Grease a muffin pan or spray with non-stick spray. The mixture should make about 12 regular muffins or 6 giant muffins.
- Combine the flour, sugar, cocoa and baking powder in a large mixing bowl. Rub in the butter. Stir in the chocolate chips or chunks.
- Combine the buttermilk and eggs in a jug, ensure they are well mixed together .
- Add the buttermilk/egg mix to dry ingredients and combine gently to moisten all the dry ingredients. Use a little extra milk if necessary but do not overbeat
- Spoon the muffin mix into a regular muffin tin and bake at 180 C for 20 - 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Remove the muffin pan from oven and place on a cooling rack.
- Cut the Bar One bars (Mars Bars) into thin slices and place on top of each muffin while they are still warm so the chocolate can melt over. Drizzle with extra melted chocolate if desired.
If you like Mars Bars then try the Mars Bar Chocolate Cheesecake - Simply delicious.
Mint Chocolate Cupcake Recipe
Chocolate Chip Muffin Recipe
Top Of This Triple Chocolate Muffin Recipe
Back to Inspired Chocolates Homepage